Pages


Tuesday 14 May 2013

3 Day Hike to Mt Bogong over Easter - Day 0

Things usually happens in chronological order, but just to make things more dramatic, my blog will not follow such petty temporal constrains. The TV series "Lost"'s sucess formula of temporal displacement could also help bring my blog to new heights of success. And not make me lost. Physically.

Mt Bogong is Victoria's highest peak at about 1980m. Via Staircase spurs, it is distance of 6km traveled with 1.2km elevation gained. Spin tingling excitment

The plans is to spend the night at Mountain Creek camping ground to hit Staircase spurs nice and early on Friday morning, to Cleve Cole hut and spend a day exploring then head down on Sunday via Eskadale spur

Thursday was a cloudy and pretty grim looking day. Mt Bogong was shrouded in ominous looking rain bearing clouds. We got to the camp ground with plenty of daylight. A family from Albury rocked up as we were setting up and shared our camping area. I help spot as reverse park their caravan. They were really nice people and they promise to help us keep our spot for when we get back down on Sunday.

After dinner and beer in Mount Beauty. We headed back. Andrew talked footy with the Albury folks and I got ready for bed.

 Mountain Creek was flowing really well. Looks like water is not going to be a problem. I remember saying my pet hate is packing a wet tent. Guess what. it rained a bit that night. Not a big downpour. Just enough to to make my heavy tent, heavier.

Our tents in moonlight.

Tomorrow will be a better day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how great or fail I am